[rules-users] Inserting Collection into WorkingMemory

Anstis, Michael (M.) manstis1 at ford.com
Thu Jun 11 02:54:33 EDT 2009

Correct me if I misunderstand:-

(1) You have a list of Strings accessible using a generic "businessData"
property.

(2) Nestled within the list *you happen to know* one of the values
represents a SSN and another the loan amount.

(3) You expect Drools to read your mind and workout how to determine the
meaning of individual items in the list.

You can check whether the "businessData" contains a value using the
"contains" operator. Whether the value is however a SSN or a loan amount
is anyones guess as demonstrated below. If you don't have discrete
accessors for individual businessData items then I believe a map is your
best option.

Rule "read my mind"
When
	$p : ProcessRequest(businessData contains "1234")
Then
	System.println("ProcessRequest contains '1234' however I have no
idea whether it is a SSN or loan amount");
End

With kind regards,

Mike