[rules-users] Is work item configuration needed at run time? Can it be built programmatically?

msully msully25 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 14:19:55 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

I'm trying to use Drools Flow in a Spring DM environment.  I've OSGified its
jars and things look promising.  The thing is, I want to use Work Items for
my domain interface, and I want WorkItemHandler's to come from the service
broker.  I can see how most of this would work, except for reading in the
workDefinitions.conf for a new work item.  I've down a quick browse through
the source code and I think it might be that I don't need the work item
configuration file during run time, just for visual rule building.  Anyone
know if that is true?

If it is needed, is there an API that I can introduce it into while building
the session, the way I can introduce KnowledgePackages/rules files?

Thanks,
mike