[rules-users] Exposing the rule engine as a web service to be accessed by the client

tanzu tanu421 at rediffmail.com
Thu Jun 18 09:05:48 EDT 2009

My requirement is to expose drools rules as a web service ,which can be
accessed by any kind of client including .net .I have built a struts based
web application.When the user submits the struts client should be able to
submit the data ,to the web service ,which will execute the rule engine ,and
fire all rules ,and send a response back to the client.You said it correctly
the drools execution server can suffice my need.

My doubts are
1.Is it possible that I dont use guvnor ,and instead use just the drools
expert with drl files with the execution server.
2.The data from the struts client should be converted into xml ,fact object
and sent to the server to be used in the rules.Am I thinking right.

A sample code showing how the client ,sends xml data to server ,and the
response sent back to the client ,will be very helpful to me.

Please help.I have a deadline.:-(

tanzu