[rules-users] functions

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Thu Jun 18 20:24:45 EDT 2009

   Chris,

   I understand. Although functions in DRL files where conceived to be very
simple things to reside with the rules. So, although you can have a DRL file
with all your functions and, as long as this file is the first you load into
your knowledge builder, use the functions on other files, we did not
implement any king of specific multifile import... meaning that the eclipse
plugin, for instance, will raise errors when accessing functions from one
file into another... but your application will run fine...

   Regarding recompiling the application, I think you just said that meaning
recompiling the java file with the functions right? since the java file can
be anywhere, including your domain model jar or even in a jar by himself...
in any case, be it a function or a java static method, it is code and you
will need a developer to do it, right?

   []s
   Edson