[rules-users] Exposing the rule engine as a web service to be accessed by the client

Premkumar Stephen prem18 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 06:03:21 EDT 2009

Mark has provided the elegant way to do it. However, as a newbie, it can be
done simpler without using this API for stateless rules,.
In this JIRA, https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/GUVNOR-354, you will find
complete working examples.

This has a ruby file, which invokes the webservice --> easily doable in
struts
It uses json format - you could pass in the xml format as well.

You don't have to use Guvnor, its just that Guvnor has tooling that creates
the packaging (.pkg files) , snapshots, etc and it is easier.
You can skip Guvnor ( I just have'nt tried it).

Regards,
Prem