[rules-users] OSGI, classloading, and imports in KnowledgeBuilder

msully msully25 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 10:57:17 EDT 2009

Thanks - I started to try something like this, but I found that Drools
Package Builder was using its class classloader for the context - so I
started to override it but Eclipse isn't letting me import PackageBuilder
into my java class.

When I tried getting drools working in OSGI, I found that several different
jars had the same package. The only way I know to get OSGi to resolve this
is to make some of the jars fragments against the remaining one. But when I
do this, Eclipse lets me import-package the package I need to inherit from
in the manifest builder, but it doesn't let me do the import in the Java
editor.

Did you encounter the package issue with the jars? Is there a better way to
solve that?

Thanks,
mike