[rules-users] Rule overriding

kfs2 at chryslerfinancial.com kfs2 at chryslerfinancial.com
Tue Jun 23 08:09:26 EDT 2009

We are building a rule engine that will serve multiple companies.  Many of
the rules are common but there are some situations where the common rules
need to be overriden by rules that are specific to a particular company.
Each company has it's own rulebase that we create with packages that are
configured for that company.  I know that rules with the same name will
override previous rules if they have the same package name.  We could make
that work if we compile the rules at runtime but I would like to deploy
the binary packages from Guvnor.

Has anyone come up with a solution for this?

Thanks

Kent Symanzik