[rules-users] workflow rules in process order example

Kris Verlaenen Kris.Verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Tue Jun 23 11:57:12 EDT 2009

Gryf,

The order example can be executed using what we call "advanced execution
mode".  In that case, you are not automatically going from one node to
the other in your process all the time, but we allow other rules to
intervene and possibly override the default behaviour.  The
workflow_rules you are referring to are describing the default
behaviour.  The logging rules and assignment rules in the example show
how to add additional behaviour in this advanced execution mode.

However, because advanced execution mode is still experimental (as very
powerful and the user needs to know much more internal details to use
them effectively), so we did not enable it by default.  If you want to
enable advanced execution mode, add this line before adding the
knowledge packages to the knowledge base:

((InternalRuleBase) ((KnowledgeBaseImpl) kbase).getRuleBase())
  .getConfiguration().setAdvancedProcessRuleIntegration(true);

Kris

Quoting gryf at hippogrif.dk: