[rules-users] Validation in Guvnor fails due to unrecognized method of implemented interface

Brody bach brodybach at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 25 09:52:21 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a class which implementes several interfaces

class MyClass implements interA, interB, interC {
      private String nameA;
      private String nameB;
      private String ownString;

      public String getNameA(){ ---impl of method from interface interA
           return nameA;
      }

      public String getNameB(){  ---- impl method from interface interB
           return nameB;
      }

      public String getOwnString{  ---- own method
           return ownString;
      }
}

Another class, MyBiggerClass has MyClass as its attribute:

class MyBiggerClass {
  private MyClass myClass;

  public MyClass getMyClass(){
       return myClass;
  }
}

In a rule, I use MyBiggerClass as follows:
$mybig : MyBiggerClass()
eval($mybig.getMyClass().getNameB().equals("HelloWorld"))

The evaluation fails, and it said
unable to resolve method using strict-mode: interA.getNameB()

As you can see, the validator checks as if the getNameB was a method of
interA (the first interface).
I'm wondering whether this is a bug, or do I have to somehow change the
structure of my class.
But the question is, why does it check the interfaces not the class itself?

Thanks for advices

Regard
bb