[rules-users] firing explicit rules or agend-groups

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Thu Jun 25 15:40:11 EDT 2009

   Sorry for the short answer... busy day.

   The main problem with agenda filter is that it is defined in application
code and so creates a dependency in the rules from the application code. So,
you break one of the biggest advantages of rules that is to have a separate
lifecycle for rules. There are other small things too, but that is IMO the
most limiting. I use agenda filters only for unit testing and debugging.

   My preferred approach is to model the rules in a way that they only fire
when they should fire, using ruleflow, agenda-groups and other "rule
features" as opposed to have the application messing with the agenda.

   []s
   Edson