[rules-users] OSGi version of Drools

Flavius Vespasianus flavius at email.cz
Mon Jun 29 18:18:34 EDT 2009

Hello,

is there anywhere a OSGi bundle with Drools 4.0.7? I know about
com.springsource.org.drools.* but these had a lot of additional
dependencies and I wasn't able to get them work.

My problem is that I need to have three projects: one is the basic
library which uses Drools very intensively. The second project is editor
- an Eclipse plugin (that's why I need the OSGi bundle) using some
classes from the basic library. It doesn't use Drools, but there is a
dependency. The third project is classic Java application, also using
the basic library.
The basic library was originally created using standard Drools project
wizard (I have downloaded the Eclipse Drools plugin -
org.drools.eclipse). But when I tried to deploy it as an Eclipse plugin,
it couldn't find the Drools classes.

I found a little workaround - I have compiled the binaries (drools-core,
drools-compiler and from libs the mvel, antlr3 and eclipse-jdt-core)
into separate plugin using "Create a plugin from existing jars" wizard.
But if I add this dependency to the basic library, I get a
NullPointerException error on every dslr file and I cannot run the
application properly). At least the second project (editor) can be compiled.

What am I doing wrong? Or can I find somewhere the binaries compiled
correctly into OSGi bundle?

Thanks a lot!

Flavius