[rules-users] How to retrieve the Rule names in the drools rule file

Kapila Silwathge kapila at roomsnet.com
Tue Jun 30 04:01:36 EDT 2009

Hi Amila,

One way to do this is to convert your rule file to xml and then manipulate the xml to get whatever the data you need.
Conversion between DRL and XML can be done automatically using following helpers/utilities that come with Drools itself

XmlDumper - for exporting XML
DrlDumper - for exporting DRL
DrlParser - reading DRL
XmlPackageReader - reading XML