[rules-users] Difference between join type XOR and Discriminator

Kris Verlaenen Kris.Verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Sat Mar 7 22:09:21 EST 2009

Yes, the documentation is incomplete ;)

- XOR means that it continues if one of its incoming branches has been
completed.  If it is triggered from more than one incoming connection,
it will trigger the next node for each of those triggers.

- Discriminator means that it continues if one of its incoming branches
has been completed.  At that point, it will wait until all other
connections have been triggered as well.  At that point, it will reset,
so that it can trigger again when one of its incoming branches has been
completed.

The difference can be very important in case of multiple branches being
triggered or when you start using unstructured loops.

Kris