[rules-users] Problem in defining DSL in Guvnor (and some possible bugs?)

psentosa psentosa at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 11 12:06:30 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'd like to define some DSL sentences using Guvnor. Then using the
DSL-Editor from eclipse, I create the following mappings (for consequence):

1.
[CONSEQUENCE]Following "{time}" regulation "{regname}" is violated=String
day = "{time}"; String regulation = "{regname}"; ViolatedRegulation vr = new
ViolatedRegulation(emp, regulation, act, day);
violatedRegulationObject.add(vr);

Now..the problem I had:
If I try to crete rule using guided editor, in consequence, the created
string based on the input contains many white spaces

then
		String day = "  DAY "; String regulation = "  day.max.working1 ";

if I use DSL business editor, the generated source code is ok.

2.
Actually the CONSEQUENCE part generated by eclipse DSL editor is not exactly
what I pasted above; Instead it was CONSEQUENCE[] (the square brackte was
empty and "CONSEQUENCE" is outside the bracket. But when I edited this using
text editor, and open the .dsl file using the DSL editor again, it shows
nothing, although the sentences still can be shown using text editor.

3. I had problem finding my DSL sentences (by pressing Ctrl+space) using
both guided editor and DSL editor in Guvnor at the beginning, because i had
the prefix condition/consequence/when/then all in small letters (sometimes
they are shown but sometimes not). As soon as I wrote them in capital, I can
find them without problem. Is the capital letter really a requirement?

Many thanks in advance for hints

Regards