[rules-users] Testing out Type Declarations in simple rule file causing exceptions

CK chrisckc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 07:23:20 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong in my code:

I create dummy type declarations to indicate presence of certain
states (is there possibly a better way of doing this?):

declare Domestic
   dummy : boolean
end

declare Multiple
   dummy : boolean
end

rule "..."
          insert(new Domestic());
end

Something like this is giving me the following errors during DRL file
parsing:

Unable to build expression for 'consequence': Failed to compile: 1
compilation error(s):
  - (0,0) could not resolve class: Domestic '    insert(new Domestic());

Based on what the docs say, this should generate the proper dynamic
classes and I should immediately be able to use the declared types.

I did additional checking by outputting the registered Type
Declarations.  These two types are indeed registered in the
PackageBuilder.getPackage().getTypeDeclarations().

So I can only guess that either I'm doing something wrong here or
there is a bug in the CR1 release.