[rules-users] Drools 5.0.0 CR1 : multibyte characters in dsl fails with "no viable alternative at character"

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Sun Mar 15 09:15:11 EDT 2009

    Yusuke,

    I heard about it before. May I ask you please to open a JIRA so that
this is fixed before final?

    Drools 5 uses a completely new DSL parser and this scenario was lost
when the transition was made. The major problem is that I don't know how to
create a proper unit test using japanese characters (although I guess any
multi-byte character would do), so, if you can create and attach a unit test
to the ticket, even better to make sure I have your scenario.

    Thanks,
       Edson

2009/3/15 Yusuke Yamamoto <yusukey at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I found that Drools 5.0.0 CR1 is unable to compile DSLs including multibyte
> characters in them.
> For example, mydsl.dsl as following:
> ---------
> [consequence]print:"{value}" = System.out.println("{value}");
> [consequence]出力:"{value}" = System.out.println("{value}");
> ---------
> Fails to be compiled with
> ---------
> line 3:13 no viable alternative at character '出'
> line 3:14 no viable alternative at character '力'
> ---------
>
> "出力" means "print" in Japanese.
>
> It used to be work with Drools 4.0.7.
> I couldn't found any related issues on Jira. But is it a known issue?
>
> Best regards,
> Yusuke

 Edson Tirelli
 JBoss Drools Core Development