[rules-users] Identify Rule on Attributes

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 16 11:03:05 EDT 2009

--- On Mon, 3/16/09, Nikhil_dev <k.nikhil at verchaska.com> wrote:

> From: Nikhil_dev <k.nikhil at verchaska.com>
> Subject: RE: [rules-users] Identify Rule on Attributes
> To: rules-users at lists.jboss.org
> Date: Monday, March 16, 2009, 12:44 AM
> Greg,
> As of now the solutions that i have got from everyone in
> this forum are
> 1. Greg : use a rules engine that implements rete the
> functionality.
>             I couldn't any for the same on any drool
> doc that i have (gave you the link that i am referring to.)

If the verb missing in the sentence above is "find" then I don't think you searched hard enough:

http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/4.0.7.19894.GA/html_single/index.html#d0e665

Take a few minutes to read section 2.4 "Rete Algorithm" which is directly linked above.  It specifically addresses how rules are selected to fire based on the state of your data.