[rules-users] MVEL expression

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Tue Mar 17 14:27:59 EDT 2009

   Although Drools makes extensive usage of MVEL, it is always embedded in
the DRL language. So, it is Drools that defines that a field constraint is
always a field accessor in the left with one or more restrictions in the
right.

   We need to find a way to make the Drools x MVEL relationship more clear
because it is not the first time this slight confusion is made.

   Anyway, docs are being updated, but take a look at the Pattern
documentation (item 7.8.2.1):

https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/drools/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/target/docs/drools-expert/html/ch07.html#RuleLanguage-ConditionalElements

   []s
   Edson