[rules-users] Drools Fusion Example - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: stream cannot be null

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Fri Mar 27 09:15:01 EDT 2009

   The broker example is work in progress and requires documentation.

    It is composed of 3 parts. The first step is that you need to use the
event generator to create a source data file with the data for the events in
the stream. Then you need to use this data file to feed events into the
application.

    []s
    Edson

2009/3/25 ober0n <lili339 at hotmail.com>

> I just installed Drools Fusion (Drools 5.0 CR 1) through the Eclipse Plugin
> (thanks Edson). I downloaded the "Drools 5.0.0.CR1 Examples" and am now
> trying to run the Broker example (drools-examples-fusion). Starting "Main"
> in Eclipse, the "Simple Broker" window opens but the program throws a
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException (see below) with all the $ values in the
> graphics window remaining zero.
>
> I've been stepping through the code but can't seem to find the exact point
> the code fails (probably don't have the source for that point). Before I go
> any further, I was wondering if anyone else experience this and knows what
> am doing wrong?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: stream cannot be null
>        at
> org.drools.io.impl.InputStreamResource.<init>(InputStreamResource.java:19)
>        at
>
> org.drools.io.impl.ResourceProviderImpl.newInputStreamResource(ResourceProviderImpl.java:71)
>        at
>
> org.drools.io.ResourceFactory.newInputStreamResource(ResourceFactory.java:70)
>        at org.drools.examples.broker.Broker.loadRuleBase(Broker.java:86)
>        at org.drools.examples.broker.Broker.createSession(Broker.java:72)
>        at org.drools.examples.broker.Broker.<init>(Broker.java:56)
>        at org.drools.examples.broker.Main.main(Main.java:51)
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected global
> [services]
>        at
>
> org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.setGlobal(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:549)
>        at
>
> org.drools.impl.StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.setGlobal(StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.java:268)
>        at org.drools.examples.broker.Broker.createSession(Broker.java:75)
>        at org.drools.examples.broker.Broker.<init>(Broker.java:56)
>        at org.drools.examples.broker.Main.main(Main.java:51)

 Edson Tirelli
 JBoss Drools Core Development