[rules-users] NullPointerException with Wrapper objects

Shannon Lal shannonlal2909 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 09:05:42 EDT 2009

I am no expert on drools; however, you might want to retract loanDeduction
from the Working Memory if it is null.  Your first rule determines that it
is null and then you set the value (ld = 0f); however, you should be using
an insert to put this into working memory.  The other alternative is to
retract the loan Deduction  from working memory and add a logic check in the
Nett Salary rule to see if loan Dedcution is null.

I am working on some Drools stuff today if you need some more help on this.

Shannon