[rules-users] Rules Debugging

Ingomar Otter iotter at mac.com
Mon May 18 13:11:19 EDT 2009

David already provided the answer, two more things:
* If your rule's consequences  are throwing exceptions I've also found
it helpful to register a custom ConsequenceExceptionHandler (depending
on your actual infrastructure)
*Another way to get that information is to use the
WorkingMemoryFileLogger as described in here, gives you even a basic
UI in Eclipse. Despite the name it also includes rules fired.
http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/4.0.7.19894.GA/html/index.html
Caveat: Don't forget the writeToDisk (even on failure) and you may
need to increase Eclipse' memory allocation.

-- Ingomar