[rules-users] can drools support complex rules

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue May 19 08:22:06 EDT 2009

Drools is very well equipped for handling large fact collections. As to the
examples you cite, #1 and #2 are simple, as you apparently know. As for #3,
check the documentation on the "collect" and "accumulate" patterns, which
should satisfy you that it can be implemented without undue strain. (To wit:
accumulate over logins, later (now-1month), of that customer, maintaining a
Set of locations, which must be size()>5 at the end. As simple as that.)

Also, keep in mind that you have Java as a fallback; so if some problem
cannot be implemented easily by pattern matching, you can alway resort to
procedural code.

-W