[rules-users] variable binding without condition in Decision table

kfs2 at chryslerfinancial.com kfs2 at chryslerfinancial.com
Thu May 21 09:04:38 EDT 2009

I have a decision table where I need to bind a variable to use in the
action.  The problem is that the binding does not happen unless I apply a
condition.  What I want in the resulting rule is this:

$serviceContract: CreditServiceContract ( )

This is what I want but does not work.  The binding does not happen so the
rule does not compile.

This works but I hate to add an arbitrary condition just to accomplish a
binding.

I'm sure I am just missing something.  Can someone point that out?

Thanks

Kent Symanzik