[rules-users] Class loading for facts used in rules

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu May 21 09:08:30 EDT 2009

You are confusing several issues here. I take it that the ClassCastException
is
an error that occurs while you insert facts. At that time, all rule
compiling has
been done and the rulebase has been built. A ClassCastException is not a
problem of some class or other "being loaded" (by Java's own class loader);
it happens when you assign an object reference to a variable, and at that
time
all involved classes have been "loaded".

Most importantly, rules are never "called". When you insert a fact, all
Left Hand Side patterns where the fact's type (or supertype) is referenced
are evaluated against this fact. It's possible that this error occurs then,
for instance, if you use the Conditional Element "or". Or it could happen
in a function called from there. We'd have to see the rules for a better
guess.

-W