[rules-users] update a shadow object in working memory

DeepakA angeshwar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 10:46:12 EST 2009

All,

I was investigating why the
my rule was running into a loop, even though I had a "no-loop true".

I was doing an session.update to update the fact in the
working memory, the fact was updated (removed and added) in the working
memory.

I tried commenting the session.update and I can see that the shadow object
in the working memory still got updated and reflected the latest value set
within the java code.

The looping has also stopped.

Can some one clarify if its possible to update the object in working memory
without calling the update method.