[rules-users] Need Syntax help for a string match

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 17 17:20:14 EST 2009

The rete view for the following two rules have identical structure: (One alpha node in each)

rule "Test"
	when
		t : Thing( foo == "BAR" || == "BAS" );
	then
		System.out.println( "meh" );
end

rule "Test"
	when
		t : Thing( foo in("BAR","BAS") );
	then
		System.out.println( "meh" );
end

So I guess the "|| ==" conditions are combined into one node.  I can't peek into the source at the moment to check, though.  And I don't know which is faster.  I'd guess that either is faster than regex for short lists, though.