[rules-users] Flow (human task) and web apps

ramram8 ramram858 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 08:54:51 EST 2009

Hi Kris

1- Can we launch a process from outside the web console rather than
using the start button?
See earlier email about this, I suggest registering the session used in
the console at JNDI so you can get a reference to this and invoke
methods from outside the console.
    Concerning this point the JNDI seems to be a good idea but in case I
cant use the JNDI is there any alternative

2- Can we use a dynamic process in the web console I mean by that
 using the "Fluent API" not the .rf file?
The console currently gets its processes from Guvnor.  If you would
allow external applications to access the session (see item 1), you
could dynamically register the process.  You could also simply use the
XML dumper to transform your dynamic process into XML and store/update
that on Guvnor.  Automatic synchronization between Guvnor and your
session could then be used to dynamically update your knowledge base.
   I used the XML dumper and changed the dynamic process to XML but can you
help with a reference to a sample JAVA code that can be used to upload an
xml file into Guvnor and build the file in order to use it in the GWT web
application

 3- Every time we upload a new .rf file into the Guvnor do we need the
 server to be restarted? This issue was fixed because in the GWT console the
session was only loaded once after removing the if condition it worked fine