[rules-users] Drools Flow 5.1 - Update JPA Entity - while workitem is in pending state - variable persistence strategy

Kris Verlaenen Kris.Verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Wed Nov 25 11:05:42 EST 2009

Quoting Vijay K Pandey <VPandey at mdes.ms.gov>:

> > c)    I would like to change it through Drools Process because that's
> where I have associated the JPA entities - I would not like to update
> it from outside.

Not sure this is a problem.  You merely create an association to these
JPA entities (assuming we implement the pluggable persistence strategy
here as well).  And the engine is only interested in the start and
completion of the work item, not really in anything that happens in
between.  So I don't think updating the JPA entities from outside the
engine should be considered a problem.

In theory you could easily update the work item, we simply don't have a
command for that implemented.  If you would write a command that can
then be executed inside a transaction using the JPA command service,
those changes would be persisted.

Kris