[rules-users] unable to resolve method using strict-mode

Vladimir Perlov vladperl at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 2 11:49:16 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,
My drools rules failed to compile from  web application deployed on Glassfish(application server) that run on Fedora 11 (Linux distro from RedHat).
When I deploy the application  on application server with Windows machine everything is working fine.
Also it works if application made as regular  Java SE application.

I got the following error:

Unable to build expression for 'consequence': Failed to compile: 3
compilation error(s): - (1,4) unqualified type in strict mode for: $map
- (1,13) unable to resolve method using strict-mode:
java.lang.Object.get(java.lang.String) - (1,29) unable to resolve
method using strict-mode: java.lang.Object.getSomeMethod() '
System.out.println($map.get("x").getSomeMethod());
' : [Rule name='TEST']

Here is the rule that failed to compile on Linux:

rule "TEST"
    dialect "mvel"
    Send
    when
            map : Map()
    then
            System.out.println($map.get("x").getSomeMethod());
end

My Environment:
Fedora 11
JDK 1.6
Glassfish v3 build 65 (supported JAVA EE6)

I really need to resolve the issue  as soon as possible. Any idea would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Vladimir