[rules-users] Help with Drools Flow

Nair, Mahesh Mahesh.Nair at qwest.com
Thu Oct 8 01:26:08 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have recently started with Drools flows .  I am having some trouble using the ruleFlowGroup node.

The way I understood the user guide is that when the flow reaches a ruleFlowGroup the engine will start firing rules associated to the specific rule flow group . But when I try what I see is that the call to the startProcess returns when it reaches a ruleFlowGroup node. The audit logs show that the RuleFlowGroup is activated.

After the return  when I explicitly call a fireAllRules the rule group  seems to get executed and the flow moves on to the subsequent nodes.

What is the expected behavior? Will the rules start executing automatically when a ruleFlowGroup node is reached or do you have to call fire all rules explicitly?

I am using drools 5

thanks in advance
Mahesh