[rules-users] Drools-Fusion : Inserting an Event in to an "entry-point" stream in the RHS of a rule?? Pls help

Chetan Mahadev mahadev.chetan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 02:55:42 EDT 2009

Hi

Can we insert an Event in the RHS part of a rule to an entry-point?

basically i am trying to do this. Pls let me know if this is possible? if
not any alternative approaches? Any example would be useful pls

declare TransactionEvent
       @role( event )
end

$tmp : TestClass()
 $tmp.message == "TRUE"

then

 TransactionEvent ev1 = new     TransactionEvent ();       // This should be
inserted in to an entry-pont "Temporal Reasoning" stream
     ev1.setMessage("Temporal Reasoning")
    insert (ev1)  to entry-point  "Temporal Reasoning"

end

rule "Temporal Reasoning"

$tmp : TransactionEvent ( message== "Temporal Reasoning") from entry-point
"Temporal Reasoning"

then
        System.out.println("Rule fired due to entry point ");
 end

Regds
Chetan