[rules-users] Uses of timer node

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Thu Oct 8 06:10:29 EDT 2009

By default, the engine runs in a passive mode.  That means it will only
execute if you ask it to (and will go back into passive mode after
that).  As a result, timers that are activated will only execute the
next time the engine is activated (by for example calling fireAllRules()).

You can however run the engine in reactive mode so it reacts to triggers
etc. immmediately:

new Thread(new Runnable() {
  public void run() {
    ksession.fireUntilHalt();
  }
}).start();

Check out the documentation for more info:
https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/drools/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/target/docs/drools-flow/html/ch03.html#sec.timers

Kris