[rules-users] Ctrl + space + enter ERASE ALL LINE? BROKEN? * DROOLS 5.0.1 Context assist*

mehdi bennani mehdibennani at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 8 08:47:00 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

I have been using drools 4 for couple of months now and I am starting to get the hang of it. We recently decided to move to Dools 5 with Eclipse 3.4.2 (Ganymede).
We unfortunately hit a major 'show stopper' (for us at least). In the DSLR editor: Context Assist + space + enter removes/replaces the whole line, not only the place holder.

In other words:

DSL:
[*][]Log : {msg}=System.out.println("{msg}");
[*][]id1="some id label"

DSLR:
rule "MyRule"

In my DSLR, If I Press L then control space --> the line Log:{msg} appears in the context menu. Hit enter I get
Log :{msg}

Now, If want to replace msg by id1. I position the cursor in the _{msg}, hit ctrl space, id1 shows in the list.
I hit enter the whole line is replaced, hence I am left with
id1
instead of
Log : id1

Is this a setting somewhere in eclipse itself?? I doubt it but maybe...
The same thing use to work 'as expected' in Drools 4. Is this a bug?

thanks.
/elextra