[rules-users] State management in Guvnor

Mahashabde, Rohan rohan.mahashabde at bankofamerica.com
Thu Oct 8 15:59:39 EDT 2009

I am implementing the selector functionality to build out package
mentioned in the Guvnor documentation but facing issues while getting it
to work. I am using a drl file for the selector criteria and this is the
error I am getting:

org.drools.CheckedDroolsException: There were errors in the rule source:
Unable to create Field Extractor for 'statusDescription' of
'[ClassObjectType class=org.drools.repository.AssetItem]' in rule
'rule1' : [Rule name='rule1']

This is my drl file:

ProductionAssets.drl

package org.drools.guvnor.server.selector

dialect "mvel"

import org.drools.repository.AssetItem

import org.drools.guvnor.server.selector.Allow

rule "rule1"

            when

                        AssetItem(statusDescription =="Production")

            then

                        insert(new Allow())

end

Please can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

Thanks and Regards

Rohan V Mahashabde

Consultant - Infosys Technologies Ltd

CRE Loan Solution Dev

Ext: 980.683.5539

Check out "selectors" in section 1.2.5.3 of the Guvnor Documentation
http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/5.0.1.26597.FINAL/drools-guvnor/h
tml_single/index.html#d0e233
<http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/5.0.1.26597.FINAL/drools-guvnor/
html_single/index.html#d0e233>