[rules-users] Drool 5 API and Agenda Listeners

SPAAARKY21 more.spam.pleeease at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 12:26:16 EDT 2009

I recently moved from Drool 4 to 5 in a little example application I had
written.  At first I hesitated because I thought the API had changed
drastically. When I did upgrade, I found that there were few changes.
However, I was still using all of the "Rule" classes instead of the
"Knowledge" classes - like RuleBase and StatefulRuleSession instead of
KnowledgeBase and StatefulKnowledgeBase.  It sounds like the "Knowledge" API
is the way of the future so to speak but I haven't been able to find much
information on it.  What is the advantage in using the new "Knowledge" API?
Will the "Rule" API become deprecated at some point?

Anyway, after switching to the Knowledge API, I have been working on an
agenda listener I had written.  What I want to do is iterate through agenda
groups on the focus stack and, for each group, iterate through the
activations in the order in which they are queued up.  However, I don't see
any way to do that.  In fact, since switching to Drools 5 and the
"Knowledge" API, it looks like the API for dealing with the agenda and
activations and whatnot has become quite small.  Or at least it is when you
stick to the interfaces.  Am I missing a better way of doing this?

Brandon