[rules-users] Once the engine gets the package from guvnor, how to cache it and make it independent of guvnor.

Wesley Akio Imamura wesley.imamura at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 12:02:08 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using this drools 5.0 scenario: agent using changeset file pointing to a
LATEST package guvnor URL.

The guvnor docs says how to start the agent resource scanning to make the
engine change aware:
- ResourceFactory.getResourceChangeNotifierService().start();
- ResourceFactory.getResourceChangeScannerService().start();

I suppose once the agent gets the packages from guvnor and caches it, it
should not need guvnor anymore unless there are changes. The agent could use
the cache and guvnor could be offline for a long time. This worked on
version 5 M1. You could even restart the engine and it started using the
cached version.

The problem I have with the latest 5.0 with new Knowledge classes ang
changeset.xml: when guvnor is offline, the resource scanning detects this
and unsubscribes the package, leaving the engine without any knowledge. When
guvnor is up again, the resource scanning cannot detect it, and the engine
remains without any knowledge.

How do I tell the agent to not unsubscribe url's that are offline, not to
remove their knowledge and just use the cache ?
Can I still configure the cache directory ?
Maybe the problem I have is that I'm using the LATEST packages and not
snapshots ?

The point here is to make the engine totally independent of Guvnor when it
got a package once.

Hope anyone can help me. Maybe I'll try version 5.1 to see what happens then
guvnor is down.

Thanks,
Wesley.

[2009:10:292 12:10:296:debug] ResourceChangeScanner attempt to scan 0
resources

--
Wesley Akio Imamura
São Paulo - SP - Brazil