[rules-users] Stumped on forall usage

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 12:38:08 EDT 2009

   Tom,

   What version are you using? I just tried with trunk and it works fine. I
added your test case to the code base, anyway. Disclaimer: I did fixed a
couple things in forall last week, not related to your scenario, but who
knows?

http://fisheye.jboss.org/changelog/JBossRules/?cs=29700

   If you can try it with trunk or tell me what version you are using I will
check it out.

   Edson

2009/10/20 <Tom.E.Murphy at wellsfargo.com>

>  I’m having trouble with the forall CE.
>
> I have the following rule:
>
> rule "RS6524"
>         when
>                 Borrower ( $borrowerNumber1 : borrowerNumber )
>                 forall
> (
>                         $fico : FICO (creditBorrowerNumber ==
> $borrowerNumber1 )
>                         FICO    (this == $fico, validScoreIndicator ==
> false)
> )
>         then
>                 System.out.println("RS6524 fired”);
> end
>
> I pass in objects whose data is described below:
>
> *Borrower* { borrowerNumber = *1* }
> *FICO* { creditBorrowerNumber = *1*, validScoreIndicator = *true* }
>
> Although the rule should not fire with this data, it does.
>
> Am I misunderstanding the way this CE should work?
>
> *Tom Murphy
> **Business Process Consultant
> Wells Fargo HCFG - CORE Deal Decisioning Platform
> 800 S. Jordan Creek Parkway | West Des Moines, IA 50266
> MAC: **X2301-01B
> **Office: **515 324 4853** | Mobile: 941 320 8014
> **This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If
> you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee,
> you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message
> or any information herein.  If you have received this message in error,
> please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
> message.  Thank you for your cooperation.*

 Edson Tirelli
 JBoss Drools Core Development
 JBoss by Red Hat @ www.jboss.com