[rules-users] Help understanding rule flow

dbrownell83 dbrownell83 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 23 07:29:26 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am just going through Conway's game of life to understand how this works.
I am using the Eclipse plug-in to make life easier.
I see you can either use the agenda-group style, or the rule-flow style.

Some points of confusion:

1. In killAll.rf, there is "calculate before" and "calculate after", and
they both use ruleFlowGroup="calculate"...
Are ruleFlowGroups set in the XML?  (ie. the UI doesn't allow you to edit
this)

2. In generation.rf, there is a splitter and joiner around 'kill' and
'birth'.
However, in the AgendaGroupDelegate.nextGeneration() code, the agenda groups
are 'stacked', such that 'birth' rules will be executed before 'kill' rules.
Is there any real difference here?

Thanks,