[rules-users] Predicate Logic rule-binding clarification

dbrownell83 dbrownell83 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 26 08:01:41 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am new to Drools, so this might be an obvious 'yes' answer...

I see that DRL uses "first order predicate logic" for its syntax.
That is, it models things like "For all X, such that Y, do Z"

Am I correct that as long as some data in the knowledge session matches the
'when' conditions, it will run the 'then' consequence?

Is that how it works?  Is this basically what the Rete algorithm does?

Thanks