[rules-users] Performance impact due to multiple packages?

Shah, Malay Malay.Shah at morganstanley.com
Thu Oct 29 19:51:52 EDT 2009

Hi,

I had a quick question on whether having rules in multiple packages
would have an effect on performance of running rules?

I have some piece of code, that generates drool code on the fly,
compiles it and stores the corresponding Package objects in cache. The
way I have set it up right now is every rule is compiled into its own
package. But, the rules are running extremely slow. I am trying to now
have all rules only in one package, but just curious to know before hand
whether this would lead to performance improvement? Has anyone gone
through this exercise before?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Malay Shah

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy, and notify sender. Sender does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error. We may monitor and store emails to the extent permitted by applicable law.