[rules-users] KnowledgeAgent with BRL Files

David david.drools_user_list at schmithuesen.net
Wed Sep 2 06:17:48 EDT 2009

Hi!

I did a lot of searching aroung the web, drools doc and this mailing
list but could not solve my problem.
I want to monitor a folder for BRL File so i used the Agent.

Java Code:
KnowledgeAgent kbAgent = KnowledgeAgentFactory.newKnowledgeAgent("kbAgent");
Resource resource = ResourceFactory.newUrlResource("ChangeSet.xml");
kbAgent.applyChangeSet(resource);
ResourceFactory.getResourceChangeNotifierService().start();
ResourceFactory.getResourceChangeScannerService().start();

ChangeSet.xml:
<change-set>
    <add>
        <resource
            source='file:/Z:/rules'
            type='BRL' />
    </add>
</change-set>

Result:
When i execute the code, the agent starts up, finds the brl file in the
folder and parses them.
But:
* It tries to parse the drools.package file with the imports for the brl
files as BRL file as well
* So i tried to work around and tweaked the implementation of
KnowledgeAgentImpl, so it skips the drools.package file when scanning
the folder for brl files. But now i get:
"com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException:  : Content is not allowed
in prolog." plus "[Fatal Error] :1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog."
in the console. As far as i could trace the error, the problem is that
the imports are not added to the internally generated drl (package).

So how do i use the agent properly to use brl files?
Any ideas on this?

Thank you for reading,
Dave