[rules-users] Determining the active nodeinstance for a process

Garrett Conaty garrett at conaty.net
Thu Sep 3 17:30:11 EDT 2009

I'm trying to determine 'where' a process is (not the active/completed/
etc. state), but the wait state.

One way of doing this (and tracing the process execution) would be via
a RuleFlowEventListener; however is there a way to query a
ProcessInstance (or something?) for this information?

Effectively I want to know which EventBasedNodeInstances are triggered
for a process and waiting for a response.

Use case is to show in a user interface what the process is waiting
for (i.e. loan approval, timeout, some confirmation).

Furthermore, I am confused as to where a process resumes after being
marshalled from db back into memory.  I can see that there is a
'reconnect' method which gets called, but it looks like the
implementation of this calls the start Node again!?!

Thanks,
Garrett