[rules-users] Problem with JPA session persistence in Drools Flow (5.0.1)

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Thu Sep 10 22:02:09 EDT 2009

Sanjay,

Yes, I'm looking into this, I managed to reproduce a problem with
restoring the session.  Not the exact same problem though, but similar,
so I guess that's because I'm using the latest trunk.  I need to get
some help from Mark or Edson on this one (as it's really related to the
rule internals), and will get back to you asap.

Kris

Quoting SBalakrishnan <Sanjay.Balakrishnan at fnis.com>:

> Kris,
>
> Did the updated test case help ? Were you able to reproduce the
> issue?
>
> Thanks
> Sanjay
>

> SBalakrishnan wrote:
> >
> > Kris,
> >
> > Thanks again. Sorry my earlier test case was missing some items.
> > Updated test case provided below.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Sanjay
> >
> > /*----------Start Test Case ------------*/
> >

> > Updated Test Case:-
> >
> > a) Run org.drools.examples.process.order.OrderExample.java
> >
> > b) Click on the create button (with default options).
> >
> >    Note :- Look up the the session id from the database
> >
> > c) From the eclipse plugin complete one human task (Verify Order).
> >
> > d) Stop the Order example .
> >
> > e) Update the method createWorkingMemory() in
> > org.drools.examples.process.order.OrderExample.java,
> > to load the last session id in the invocation of
> > JPAKnowledgeService.loadStatefulKnowledgeSession.
> >

> > f) Run order Order example .
> >
> >    Note:-Should see exception from loadStatefulKnowledgeSession.
> >          Was getting this error in H2 and Oracle.
> >
> > /*----------End Test Case ------------*/
> >

> > SBalakrishnan wrote:
> >>
> >> Thanks for the quick response Kris and appreciate your help.
> >>
> >> It would be great if we can get more information on the activity
> by the
> >> community member for the fail safe approach for the handlers.
> >>

> >> Yes, I am using a modified
> >> org.drools.examples.process.order.OrderExample.java class.
> >> Using a modified drl file RuleSetExample.rf (Only two human
> tasks).
> >> I am attaching the sample project.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Sanjay
> >>

> >> Test Case:-
> >>
> >> a) Run org.drools.examples.process.order.OrderExample.java
> >> b) Click on the create button (with default options).
> >>

> >> The main methods being called are:-
> >> a) private void createWorkingMemory()
> >>
> >>    intial setup and load of session happens here.

> [...]
org.drools.persistence.session.JPASessionMarshallingHelper.loadSnapshot(JPASessionMarshallingHelper.java:112)

org.drools.persistence.session.JPASessionMarshallingHelper.<init>(JPASessionMarshallingHelper.java:46)

org.drools.persistence.session.SingleSessionCommandService.<init>(SingleSessionCommandService.java:194)

org.drools.persistence.jpa.impl.JPAKnowledgeServiceProviderImpl.loadStatefulKnowledgeSession(JPAKnowledgeServiceProviderImpl.java:75)

org.drools.persistence.jpa.JPAKnowledgeService.loadStatefulKnowledgeSession(JPAKnowledgeService.java:102)

org.drools.examples.process.order.OrderExample.createWorkingMemory(OrderExample.java:279)

org.drools.examples.process.order.OrderExample.<init>(OrderExample.java:107)

> org.drools.examples.process.order.OrderExample.main(OrderExample.java:88)

org.drools.marshalling.impl.InputMarshaller.readLeftTuple(InputMarshaller.java:496)

org.drools.marshalling.impl.InputMarshaller.readLeftTuples(InputMarshaller.java:426)

org.drools.marshalling.impl.InputMarshaller.readFactHandles(InputMarshaller.java:349)

org.drools.marshalling.impl.InputMarshaller.readSession(InputMarshaller.java:207)

org.drools.marshalling.impl.DefaultMarshaller.unmarshall(DefaultMarshaller.java:75)

org.drools.persistence.session.JPASessionMarshallingHelper.loadSnapshot(JPASessionMarshallingHelper.java:104)

> /*------------------------------------------------------------------*/

> completing

> final a

> will

> month

> https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/drools/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/

> while

> release ?

> snapshot

org.drools.persistence.session.JPASessionMarshallingHelper.loadSnapshot(JPASessionMarshallingHelper.java:112)

org.drools.persistence.session.JPASessionMarshallingHelper.<init>(JPASessionMarshallingHelper.java:46)

org.drools.persistence.session.SingleSessionCommandService.<init>(SingleSessionCommandService.java:171)

org.drools.persistence.jpa.impl.JPAKnowledgeServiceProviderImpl.loadStatefulKnowledgeSession(JPAKnowledgeServiceProviderImpl.java:75)

org.drools.persistence.jpa.JPAKnowledgeService.loadStatefulKnowledgeSession(JPAKnowledgeService.java:102)

org.drools.examples.process.order.OrderExample.createWorkingMemory(OrderExample.java:257)

org.drools.examples.process.order.OrderExample.<init>(OrderExample.java:99)

> org.drools.examples.process.order.OrderExample.main(OrderExample.java:80)

org.drools.marshalling.impl.InputMarshaller.readLeftTuple(InputMarshaller.java:496)

org.drools.marshalling.impl.InputMarshaller.readLeftTuples(InputMarshaller.java:426)

org.drools.marshalling.impl.InputMarshaller.readFactHandles(InputMarshaller.java:349)

org.drools.marshalling.impl.InputMarshaller.readSession(InputMarshaller.java:207)

org.drools.marshalling.impl.DefaultMarshaller.unmarshall(DefaultMarshaller.java:75)

org.drools.persistence.session.JPASessionMarshallingHelper.loadSnapshot(JPASessionMarshallingHelper.java:104)

> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBRULES-2199
> open a
> Mark
> Drools
> 5.1 of
> the
> executes
> sessionId
> looked

drools-persistence-jpa\src\main\java\org\drools\persistence\session\SingleSessionCommandService.java.

http://www.nabble.com/Problem-with-JPA-session-persistence-in-Drools-Flow-%285.0.1%29-tp24377236p24909794.html