[rules-users] Drools and Eclipse 3.5

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Thu Sep 10 22:12:52 EDT 2009

Andrew,

The idea is that Eclipse itself uses the runtime you specify yourself,
so when you define your Drools runtime, you point Eclipse to one
specific directory where the runtime can be found Eclipse will use that
one.  Even if you update Eclipse, if you don't change the runtime, you
will still be using the same Drools classes.  To update to a newer
version, create a new runtime for the newer Drools release and have the
project use that one.

In theory, you should be able to simply upgrade to the latest version of
the plugin (for all cool and new features) but still be able to execute
your rules on your selected version of the Drools runtime.  If you still
have issues with your runtime, could you send me a more detailed
explanation on what you are doing exactly (like I had a 5.0.0M1 plugin
with 5.0.0M1 runtime, then updated the plugin to 5.0.0CR1 with the same
runtime, etc.)?

Thx,
Kris