[rules-users] Thread-deadlock when Negation Was Used and NullPointerException in Drools 5.0.1

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 11 03:21:55 EDT 2009

Well, looking at CompositeClassLoader, it's already not completely threadsafe even with the loadClass method synchronized. (This is because loadClass calls fastFindClass, which iterates over the classLoader ArrayList, which could be concurrently modified.)  So the classLoader data strucure should be concurrent, and it's my guess that removing the synchronization from CompositeClassLoader.loadClass will be fine as long as the sub ClassLoaders that actually do loading are threadsafe.