[rules-users] How to prevent activation list creation on retracts

Scott Burrows scottjburrows at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 13:50:09 EDT 2009

I think this question was asked recently but I cant seem to find it.

Using 4.0.7

I have a large number of facts I need to retract from working memory after
all rules have been processed (transaction is completed) so I can insert new
facts for the next transaction.  Milliseconds count.

I know that drools recalc's which rules are eligible to be run after each
retraction.  Since all facts are being removed its unneeded processing and
time that could be saved.

How can I tell drools that until I tell it otherwise do not re-evaluate the
rules to save time?

Scott