[rules-users] guvnor remote build

Wesley Akio Imamura wesley.imamura at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 15:14:35 EDT 2009

Hi,

I developed a proxy servlet to remotely manage jbrms (drools 4),
adding/removing drl's and building packages acessing the RepositoryService a
year ago. It's very simple, is in production and our integration application
call this servlet extensively to generate the rules and build the packages.

In drools 5 there's a webdav interface in guvnor. I suppose that's only to
manage rules and packages, but not building a package.

So, the questions are:

1) There is any way to remotely to build a package ? (I'm not worried about
selectors at this moment).
2) Can I have an improved solution using webdav ? If I use it, Guvnor
detects changes and automatically build the packages ? (I'm expecting too
much, right ?)
3) I heard about a initial Rest API. Does it have a remote build method ?

Wesley.

--
Wesley Akio Imamura
São Paulo - SP - Brazil