[rules-users] How to get the result back from the human task handler

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Fri Sep 18 10:14:32 EDT 2009

If you use the WS-HT implementation, the work item will contain a result
parameter called "Result" that will contain the output content of the
associated human task (that is the data that is given when completing a
human task).  To simplify mapping, if the output content is a
java.util.Map, we add each of the elements as result parameters of the
work item as well.

For example, if you use the gwt-console, all parameters that are filled
in in the task form are added to a result map (for example, the result
of an evaluation form might be something like
["evaluation"="Outstanding", "reason"="Outstanding performance"]).  As a
result, the work item will contain a "Result" parameters (the map) and
(to simplify mapping) also two additional result parameters "evaluation"
and "reason" that can then easily be mapped to process variables.

Kris

Quoting Pardeep.Ruhil at lntinfotech.com: