[rules-users] Using work items in the Eclipse ruleflow editor

Jeremy Ary jary at franklinamerican.com
Mon Sep 21 14:57:48 EDT 2009

For completeness, just a quick note for others who may find themselves here. I spoke with Mike briefly via IRC and the issue appeared to be in getting the files on the classpath correctly. This was ultimately the same thing that I went up against, so iIf you're not sure how to get that wired up, an example follows. I'm certainly far from novice, so any recommendations/improvements are welcome.

Start a new Drools project (you will see two packages already on the classpath - src/main/java & src/main/rules )

Right-click the project name in Package Explorer and select New > Source Folder

Name the new folder "src/main/resources" in the popup

Right-click the new source folder and select New > Folder and call it "META-INF" in the popup

Place your drools.rulebase.conf and custom definitions .conf file into the META-INF folder

Restart Eclipse and open a .rf file - you should now see your custom work items in place

Jeremy