[rules-users] Flow

fero frantisek.kocun at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 03:29:25 EDT 2009

Hello,
I'm interested in using Drools Flow. I use jBPM as workflow and also Drools
4.x as rule engine but joint of both in Drools 5.x seems amazing. JBPM also
does not support events (signal event and conditional event), which in
Drools are supported and are crucial for me. So I would say many of features
of Drools Flow are missing in jBPM but jBPM is very extensible. If Drools
Flow is as extensible I would rather use that. CEP looks interesting as
well..

1. Exception flow* is also crucial for me. Is it possible to extend Flow to
support it?
2. How to extend Activities. Now it is possible to put the code of activity
in the process definition in MVEL or java. I would prefer to select the
class and provide attributes of a class from process definition as it is in
jBPM (called delagation). Is it possible to create new work items which just
would be configurable from process as log and mail work items are?
3. Is Flow based on its own PVM or jBPM PVM? Is it also possible to extend
flow with new flow constructs?
4. From Human task is possible only one outgoing transitions. We quite often
use multiple outgoing transitions and user choose which one to take. Can it
be done directly?

Thank you
Frank

*Exception Flow is a set of Sequence Flow that originates from an
Intermediate Event that is attached to the boundary of an activity. The
Process will not traverse this flow unless an Event occurs during the
performance of that activity (through an Intermediate Event).